Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Congee


Ok my mummy has finally learnt how to prepare congee for me - i have been her guinea pig all these while - tasting all her many attempts ... uugh, uugh.


Now, she usually keeps to scallops + 1 vegetable (plus a spoonful of buckwheat + quinoa + millet). Mummy is now so good at congee making that the other day, the headmistress at my daycare stole some and shared it with another two kids.

Earlier, mummy gave me a mix of 3 veges and i couldn't keep it down ... i puked in my Yee-Yee's car, sorry Yee-Yee :( - Bad mummy !

Niways, i ought to be eating adult food now but i guess i can't yet as my neng-nging has highly cautioned mummy for me trying foods categorized as allergens ... furthermore, i am allergic to cow's milk ... oh well, let's see what's new in my menu ... ai ...

Come Christmas i dont even know if i can taste Christmas roast turkey :(

Happenings (19 Dec 2007) http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2007/12/19/central/19783830&sec=central

3 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

Baby, mummy should maybe avoid giving you scallops if you are already showing intolerance to diary products. Shellfish tend to have high levels of histamines and related phosphate content which can act as triggers for atopic allergies. She could perhaps think about substituting with fresh de-boned white fish in the congee.

Have a nice mamm-mamm! :)

Deneigh Warriner said...

Oh dear, oh my ... thanks so much for this info, Precious Pearl ... mummy NEED to relook into my food :O

Anonymous said...

but i bet the scallops sure make the taste better! :)