Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bird Porridge Anyone ?




Mah-mah has been cooking a mixture of grains (buckwheat, millet and brown rice) as porridge for Khoong-khoong as they are getting old and cutting down purely on rice. I had the opportunity to enjoy the said porridge (which Mah-mah and Khoong-khoong called it "Bird Porridge") on certain days when I with Mah-mah and Khoong-khoong


Reason being is I love rice - a staple food among Asians. Princess Cheh-cheh on the other hand loves bread and I shared my sausage cheese bread with her yesterday when we were on holiday for Nuzul Quran. Thereafter, she became very nice to me :D


Today I found a very interesting website on Grain Glossary: http://www.culinate.com/articles/features/grain_glossary

It is really educational and helps increase knowlege on grains as Asian just know only about rice, rice, rice.

Hopefully Mummy reads up and feed me well :P cos she only knows to dump everything into the slowcooker and whalla ! feeds me with what popped up in 8-10 hours later on.






No comments: