Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Why Another Period of Silence ?


Aiyaiyai ... it's been a long time passing ...

Ok, another revelation - I contacted the hand, foot and mouth disease about a week or so ago ...
what's hfm disease (here u go
http://www.sarawak.health.gov.my/hfmd.htm)

I don't know how i got it ... i was happy and chirpy on Thursday, 22 Nov at the daycare and then all of a sudden i woke up with a fever on the 23 Nov. Then it all started to go bad - my throat became very painful and highly sore and inflamed. My papa says i should stay in ... so, i stayed home with him on Friday.

Saturday, 24 Nov came and mummy took me to the doctor. He didnt say anything to her other than showing her how inflamed my throat was - i had to go on another dose of antibiotics.

Having said that, i was jolly playing with khor-khor ethan and cheh-cheh elise on Saturday evening (i.e. after taking the doctor's medicine - i was feeling a bit better) without knowing that danger of my exposing my saliva to them - i was heavily drooling - i remembered neng-ngu was kind enough to help me wipe off my drool.

Monday, 26 Nov came and i look quite ok to go back to daycare but the teachers were wary of me as they spotted some blisters on my soles - so mummy was rushed to take me back to doctor again. This time only, the doctor confirmed what i had as hfm disease !! And he did say that i most probably caught it on Monday/Tuesday, 19/20 Nov.

So, this started another round of tensions with the daycare "stigmatizing" me ! Sigh ... oh, well i had to stay at home this time with mummy for 1 whole week - niways, it was quite fun being pampered by mummy. But i have a gnawing feeling - who's the bludy culprit who passed me the virus ?

1 Dec - neng-ngu called to say he has the hfm disease - Ooophs ! I gave him the virus - sorry neng-ngu i didn't mean to :(

3 Dec - i finally went back to daycare.

Well, that had been an eventful week for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*muaks* from neng-ngu... :)

PreciousPearl said...

poor baby, hope u are feeling all better now, and yes, your unker has been moaning about hfmd too :roll: