Monday, June 23, 2008

Cow's Milk Intolerance


Oh ya, i mentioned somewhere in one of the earlier blog entries that i m actually cow's milk intolerant.

Today I want to explain what it is ? Cow's milk (or lactose) intolerance is an intolerance to either the protein component of milk or to lactose (sugar in cow's milk).

Mummy discovered that I was intolerant to cow's milk when i started to diarrhoea with funny semi soft green stools and eczema suddenly developed when i was about 3-4 months old. It is said that some babies can tolerate a certain amount of high-lactose foods before they show any symptoms.

As of today, Mummy has kept me away from dairy products except cheese. I love cheese but after consuming a piece - i will breakout in rashes on my cheeks the next day.

Niways, I know that Mummy herself can't take dairy foods (or dairy based) - 2 very obvious ones are actually cream and cow's milk ... And apparently lactose intolerance is hereditary and may be passed from generation to generation without affecting anyone but ourselves. Aha ! That explains my situation, doesn't it :>

For further reading http://www.foodreactions.co.uk/intolerance/lactose/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

neng neng nice to drink meh? never mind, very soon you will outgrow the taste. ;)