Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oodles of Noodles


There are many types of noodle options here in Malaysia. Malaysians are really spoilt for choices :) ... and I am glad to have so many options ... just too bad my Mummy's a bad cook.

Just to name a few of the options we have:
1) yellow mee
2) mee hoon
3) kuey teow
4) wan tan mee
5) yee mee (egg noodle)
6) sang mee
7) meen seen
8) tai lok mee
9) cellophane mee
10) ramen/in-famous maggie mee
11) japanese soba
and not forgetting the many types of pasta options

I especially have a special liking for kuey teow cos it is smooth and easy to digest. Mummy brought me to the infamous Old Town White Coffee kopitiam for their Ipoh Chicken Kuey Teow yesterday. http://www.oldtown.com.my/ I also get to enjoy their ice-cream on special toast as dessert ... yummy :P


Do try out the Old Town White Coffee place ... it also has wi-fi access, just very IT savvy !!


Additional info: an interesting website of the history of noodles here
http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/00513/content/index.html

No comments: